The Applet Protection feature is a safety mechanism. It allows you to protect applets you designed with VisualApplets from illegal use.
You may be interested in the Applet Protection feature to
- make sure the applet(s) you have developed can only be run on the frame grabbers you are using (copy protection).
- license your applet and sell it to your own customers.
You can purchase the applet protection feature. For details, please contact your VisualApplets distributor.
- You receive your unique, individual security tag. Each tag is assigned only to one single customer. A security tag is well-defined.
- You receive a user library element that enables you to tag your applets with your unique, individual security tag.
- Individual frame grabbers are flashed with a license that matches your unique, individual security tag.
Tagged applets can only be run on frame grabbers holding the matching license.
A protected applet cannot be run on any frame grabber without license, or on any third party hardware.
For further information please contact your sales representative.