Providing Heat Dissipation (ace, ace 2)#
Since each installation is unique, Basler only provides the following general guidelines:
- Mount a lens on the camera.
- Monitor the temperature of the camera using the camera-specific temperature measurement point.
- Provide sufficient heat dissipation. Appropriate measures include the following:
- Mount the camera on a substantial, thermally conductive component.
- Use a fan to provide an air flow over the camera.
- Attach appropriate cooling elements to the camera. Basler offers a suitable heat sink that can be purchased separately.
- If the Camera Operation Mode feature is available on your camera and if operation at a lower frame rate is acceptable, set the operation mode to Long Exposure to reduce the temperature.
- Some cameras provide the Device Temperature feature. This feature lets you monitor the temperature of the device via the pylon API.
- The camera will gradually become warmer during the first hour of operation. After one hour, the housing temperature should have stabilized and should no longer increase.
- To ensure good image quality, Basler advises against operating the camera at elevated temperatures.
- For cameras with Sony IMX and onsemi PYTHON sensors, the following application note is available: How to monitor the housing temperature of Basler ace cameras
Temperature Measurement Point (ace and ace 2 Cameras)#