Providing Heat Dissipation (dart)#
Since each installation is unique, Basler only provides the following general guidelines:
- Mount a lens on the camera module.
- Monitor the temperature of the camera module using the appropriate temperature measurement point.
- On all dart camera modules, there are four holes at the corners of the board, designed for installing the module. You can also use the holes to dissipate heat.
Depending on the dart variant, different components are used to dissipate heat:
- Bare board variants: The metallic borders of the holes are designed to dissipate heat to connecting metallic components.
- S-mount and CS-mount variants: Rivets are placed in the four holes. These rivets can be used to dissipate heat towards connected metallic components. How to use the holes or rivets depends on your system design. In all cases, make sure that the holes or rivets have good contact with metallic components in your system. This way, the heat can dissipate towards the metallic components.
Examples of how you can provide heat dissipation:
- The use of a fan to provide air flow over the camera module is an efficient method of heat dissipation.
The camera front is connected to a mounting plate. Heat dissipates via the rivets, the camera front and the mounting plate.
The camera rear is connected to a mounting plate. Heat dissipates via the rivets and the mounting plate.
Temperature Measurement Points#
dart USB 3.0#
Bare Board Models#
S-Mount and CS-Mount Models#