Safety Instructions (boost)#
Basler can't be held responsible for any damage or injury due to incorrect handling of the product and ignoring the safety instructions.
General Safety Notices#
More specific safety notices appear throughout this documentation where applicable.
WARNING – Electric Shock and Fire Hazard / Risque de choc électrique et d'incendie
Unapproved power supplies may cause electric shock or fire or both. Serious injury or death may occur.
- You must use power supplies that meet the Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) and Limited Power Source (LPS) or the Electrical Source 1 (ES1) and Power Source 2 (PS2) requirements.
Les blocs d'alimentation non approuvés peuvent causer des décharges électriques ou des départs de feu, ou les deux. Celles-ci représentent un risque de mort ou de blessure grave.
- Vous devez utiliser un bloc d'alimentation conforme aux exigences Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) et Limited Power Source (LPS) ou Electrical Source 1 (ES1) et Power Source 2 (PS2).
WARNING – Injury Hazard / Risque de blessure
Not securing the camera properly may cause serious injuries or death and damage the camera.
Due to the size and weight of the camera, there is a risk of causing serious injuries or death and damaging the camera if the camera falls from a certain height.
- Make sure that the camera is attached securely to a suitable mounting body using at least two screws.
See the topic about your camera model for mounting points and screw hole sizes.
Une mauvaise fixation de la caméra peut entraîner des blessures graves, voire mortelles, et endommager la caméra.
En raison de la taille et du poids de la caméra, il existe un risque de blessures graves, voire mortelles, et d'endommager la caméra si elle tombe d'une certaine hauteur.
- Assurez-vous que la caméra est solidement fixée à un support approprié à l'aide d'au moins deux vis.
Vous trouverez de plus amples informations quant aux points de montage et à la taille des fixations dans la rubrique relative au modèle de votre caméra.
NOTICE – Voltage outside of the specified range may damage the camera.
- You must supply camera and I/O power within the safe operating voltage ranges given in the camera specification.
- You must supply camera power with the correct polarity.
NOTICE – Using unsuitable lenses may damage the image sensor or the lens or both.
Make sure that your lens is compatible with the lens mount dimensions given in the Maximum Allowed Lens Intrusion topic. If you try to mount a lens with an overall lens intrusion that is larger than specified, you may damage the lens or the image sensor or both and the camera may not work properly anymore.
Suitable lenses are available via the Basler website.
NOTICE – Dust on the sensor may impair the camera's performance.
- Always put the protective seal in place when there is no lens mounted on the camera.
- Make sure that the camera is pointing down whenever you remove or replace the protective seal, a lens, or a lens adapter.
- Never apply compressed air to the camera.
NOTICE – Using incorrect plugs may damage the I/O connector.
The plug on the cable that you attach to the camera's M8 6-pin connector must have 6 male pins.
NOTICE – Using incorrect plugs may damage the Micro-BNC (HD-BNC) connector.
The Micro-BNC (HD-BNC) connector must comply with the CoaXPress standard 2.0
Basler may use Loctite as an additive in the production process of Basler cameras.
Observe the following items:
- Do not open the camera housing. Touching internal components may damage them.
- Prevent ingress or insertion of any foreign substances into the camera housing. If operated with any foreign substances inside, the camera may fail or cause a fire.
- Do not remove the camera's serial number label.
- Do not operate the camera in the vicinity of strong electromagnetic fields. Avoid electrostatic charging. For more information, see Avoiding EMI and ESD Problems.
- Transport and store the camera in its original packaging only. Do not discard the packaging.
- If possible, do not clean the sensor. If you must clean it, follow the cleaning instructions, which will also tell you about cleaning the camera housing.
- Read the camera documentation carefully before using the camera.
Conformity, Intended Use, and Authorized Users#
Life Support Applications#
These products are not designed for use in life support appliances, devices, or systems where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury. Basler customers using or selling these products for use in such applications do so at their own risk and agree to fully indemnify Basler for any damages resulting from such improper use or sale.
For Customers in the USA#
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class A digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference when the equipment is operated in a commercial environment. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruction manual, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. Operation of this equipment in a residential area is likely to cause harmful interference in which case the user will be required to correct the interference at his own expense.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications not expressly approved in this manual could void your authority to operate this equipment.
The shielded cables recommended in this manual must be used with this equipment in order to comply with the limits for a computing device pursuant to Subpart B of Part 15 of FCC Rules.
For Customers in Canada#
This apparatus complies with the Class A limits for radio noise emissions set out in Radio Interference Regulations.
Pour utilisateurs au Canada#
Cet appareil est conforme aux normes Classe A pour bruits radioélectriques, spécifiées dans le Règlement sur le brouillage radioélectrique.
Intended Use of Basler boost CXP-12 Cameras for Machine Vision#
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed exclusively for indoor professional image capture. Temperature and humidity requirements apply as detailed in the camera's "Environmental Requirements" section of the Basler Product Documentation. All relevant product documentation must be observed, including directions for correct camera use.
The cameras must not be used for the following:
- Purposes and installations requiring special camera certification other than mentioned in the Basler Product Documentation.
- Purposes and installations requiring specific design and precautions for use under harsh conditions.
If in doubt whether a specific camera is compatible with certain operating conditions and uses, contact your salesperson.
Authorized Users for Basler boost CXP-12 Cameras for Machine Vision#
Basler digital cameras for machine vision are designed for use by professionals only, concerned with the following tasks:
- Selection of cameras for use
- Camera integration and setup
- Everyday camera use
The Basler Product Documentation assumes the skills of electrical engineers, systems engineers, mechatronics engineers, technicians, and information technology engineers.
Camera use is not allowed for persons with insufficient skills or with impairments that prevent them from doing the following tasks:
- Using cameras correctly
- Adhering to the safety instructions
- Fully understanding all relevant camera documentation