Auto Function Profile (BCON for MIPI)#
Using the Feature#
Regardless of the profile you choose, if both Exposure Auto and Gain Auto are enabled, BCON for MIPI cameras with the Auto Function Profile feature always balance gain and exposure time like this:
- While keeping gain as low as possible, the camera adjusts the exposure time up to a certain limit to achieve a target brightness value.
- If the target brightness value can't be reached, the camera adjusts the gain up to a certain limit.
- If the target brightness value still can't be reached, the camera adjusts the exposure time again, up to a maximum limit.
- If the target brightness value still can't be reached, the camera adjusts the gain again, up to a maximum limit.
By choosing an auto function profile, you can also reduce flickering.
If the camera is operating in an environment where the lighting flickers at a 50-Hz or a 60-Hz rate, the flickering light can cause significant changes in brightness from image to image. Enabling an anti-flicker profile may reduce the effect of the flickering in the captured images.
To configure flicker reduction:
- Set the Gain Auto auto function and the Exposure Auto auto function to
- Set the
AutoFunctionProfileparameter to one of the following values:
AntiFlicker50Hz: Enables flicker reduction for a power line frequency of 50 Hz (applies to, e.g., Europe).
AntiFlicker60Hz: Enables flicker reduction for a power line frequency of 60 Hz (applies to, e.g., North America).
AntiFlickerAuto: Enables flicker reduction with automatic power line frequency detection.
AntiFlickerOff: Disables flicker reduction.