Auto Function Profile (BCON for MIPI)#
Using the Feature#
- While keeping gain as low as possible, the camera adjusts the exposure time up to a certain limit to achieve a target brightness value.
- If the target brightness value can't be reached, the camera adjusts the gain up to a certain limit.
- If the target brightness value still can't be reached, the camera adjusts the exposure time again, up to a maximum limit.
- If the target brightness value still can't be reached, the camera adjusts the gain again, up to a maximum limit.
By choosing an auto function profile, you can also reduce flickering.
If the camera is operating in an environment where the lighting flickers at a 50-Hz or a 60-Hz rate, the flickering light can cause significant changes in brightness from image to image. Enabling an anti-flicker profile may reduce the effect of the flickering in the captured images.
To configure flicker reduction:
- Set the Gain Auto auto function and the Exposure Auto auto function to
- Set the
AutoFunctionProfileparameter to one of the following values:
AntiFlicker50Hz: Enables flicker reduction for a power line frequency of 50 Hz (applies to, e.g., Europe).
AntiFlicker60Hz: Enables flicker reduction for a power line frequency of 60 Hz (applies to, e.g., North America).
AntiFlickerAuto: Enables flicker reduction with automatic power line frequency detection.
AntiFlickerOff: Disables flicker reduction.