Hardware Installation (GigE Interface Cards)#
WARNING – Electric Shock Hazard
Installing an interface card while the computer is connected to power may cause electric shock. Serious injury or death may occur.
- Before installing the interface card, switch off the computer and the connected devices and unplug all power cables from the computer.
- Before power-up, close the computer case.
NOTICE – Electrostatic discharge may damage electronic components.
- Before touching the interface card, drain static charges from yourself to ground, e.g., by touching a metal water tap.
- During installation, make sure that you remain properly grounded, e.g., by wearing an antistatic wrist strap.
To install a Basler GigE Interface Card:
- Make sure that the host computer is shut down and unplugged from the power outlet.
- Open the computer case.
- Make sure there is a suitable PCIe slot for the interface card. If there's no free slot, use a suitable adapter.
- Remove the metal bay cover of the free PCIe slot. To do so, unscrew the screw holding the bay in place and lift it out of the case. Set the screw aside.
- Grip the interface card by its bracket and insert it into the matching slot.
Use the screw that you removed in step 4 to secure the bracket of the interface card.
For the connection of the interface card to PoE powered devices, a 4-pin 5.25" Molex receptacle of the Molex 8981 series is located on the interface card.
Close the computer case.
- Plug in the power cable of the computer.