Software Installation (GigE Interface Cards)#
To operate the interface card with a Basler camera, install the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite (version 4 or higher) on the host computer.
When installing the pylon Camera Software Suite for Windows, make sure to select the GigE Camera Support feature. This will install all runtime software, drivers, and related software tools that are required for operating the interface card.
After the installation, the GigE Interface Card shows up as a network device on the host computer.
Changing the Network Adapter Properties (Windows)#
If you installed pylon and the interface card doesn't show up as a network device, complete the following steps:
- Open the Network Connections window in the Windows Control Panel.
For quick access, press Win+R , type
ncpa.cpl, and press Enter.
- Right-click the network adapter connection that needs to be adjusted and then click Properties.
The Properties window opens.
- Click Configure.
The configuration window of the network driver opens.
- Click Driver.
- Click Update Driver Software.
The update driver software window opens.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software.
The browse for driver window opens.
- Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
The selection window for device drivers opens.
- Select the Basler GigE Vision Adapter from the list.
- Click Next.
The Basler GigE Vision Adapter is installed.
If the Basler GigE Interface Card still doesn't show up as a network device, restart the computer.
For more information about the network settings, see the Network Configuration (GigE Cameras) topic.