Skip to content

Precautions and Cleaning (Basler Camera Lights)#

Read the information in this topic carefully before using a Basler Camera Light.

Precautions#

DANGER – Electric Shock Hazard

Unapproved power supplies may cause electric shock. Serious injury or death may occur.

  • You must use power supplies that meet the Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) and Limited Power Source (LPS) requirements.
WARNING – Electric Shock Hazard

Connecting or disconnecting the light unit and cables with wet hands may result in electric shock.

  • Do not connect or disconnect components with wet hands.
WARNING – Fire and/or Electric Shock Hazard

Unapproved disassembly or modification of the product may result in fire or electric shock.

  • Do not disassamble or modify the product.
WARNING – Fire and/or Electric Shock Hazard

Connecting or disconnecting the light cable while the power supply is switched on may result in circuit damage, fire caused by a small spark, or electric shock.

  • Connect or disconnect the light cable only after turning off the power supply.
WARNING – Fire and/or Electric Shock Hazard

Exposure of the product to water may cause fire and/or electric shock.

  • Make sure that the product is not exposed to water or any other liquids.
WARNING – Fire and/or Electric Shock Hazard

Damaging the cables of the product may result in fire and/or electric shock.

  • Before moving the product, disconnect all connecting cables.
WARNING – Fire and/or Electric Shock Hazard

Pulling on cables may damage them and cause fire or electric shock.

  • Don't pull the cable when disconnecting it.
WARNING – Fire Hazard

Continuing to use the product after detecting smoke, heat, smell, noise, etc. may cause fire and/or electric shock.

  • Stop using the product immediately and turn of the power supply.
WARNING – Fire Hazard

Ingress or insertation of foreign substances into the housing may cause product failure or fire.

  • Prevent foreign substances from getting inside the housing.
WARNING – Fire Hazard

Using the wrong material to remove dust or other foreign substances from the electrodes may cause fire.

  • To remove dust or other foreign substances, turn off the power supply and use only a dry cloth.
WARNING – Burns Hazard

This product generates high temperatures. Touching the product while it is turned on or immediately after it has been turned off may cause burns.

  • Do not touch the product while it is turned on or immedialtely after it has been turned off.
  • Provide cooling with a fan or other ventilation if the product is to be used in a confined space.
WARNING – Eye Injury Hazard

LED light radiation may cause corneal or retinal injuries.

  • Never look directly at the LED light.
NOTICE – Improper handling may damage the product.

Improper handling may cause product failure.

  • You must handle the product with care.
  • Do not drop the product or subject it to mechanical shock.
NOTICE – Product Malfunction

Bundling product cables with high voltage lines or power lines may cause the product to malfunction.

  • Allow sufficient space when installing the cables.
NOTICE – Product Failure

Not using cables as described may cause product failure.

  • Do not bend cables beyond their natural bending radius or squeeze cables into a narrow space when wiring the product.
NOTICE – Product Failure

Short circuits will have an impact on the product and may cause product failure.

  • Do not intentionally short circuit the positive and negative output terminals.
NOTICE – Incorrect voltange may damage the product.

Using the product outside of the safe range of input voltage may damage the product.

  • Only supply the product with voltage within the safe range of input voltage.

Cleaning the Lights#

NOTICE – Inappropriate cleaning substances may damage the product.
  • Using inappropriate cleaning substances may cause discoloration or deterioration of the product surface.

  • Don't wipe the product with organic solvents, e.g., paint thinner or benzene.

  • Wipe the product lightly with a diluted neutral detergent.