Software Installation (Linux)#
To install the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux, download the pylon installer from the Basler website:
- If you need support for x86 32-bit architectures, download the pylon Linux x86 32-bit installer.
- If you need support for x86 64-bit architectures, download the pylon Linux x86 64-bit installer.
- If you need support for ARM architectures, download the pylon Linux ARM installer or archive (32 or 64 bit).
All these installers are available as .tar-gz archives and as Debian packages.
For installation information, download the "INSTALL" text file from the Basler website. Follow the instructions in that document to install the pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux.
- If you want to operate dart BCON for LVDS cameras only, you don't need to install USB support.
- For more information about operating dart BCON for LVDS cameras, e.g., how to assign an I²C interface in pylon, see the Programmer's Guide and API Reference for Basler pylon BCON included in the pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux. The guide can be found in the pylon_x.x.x.xxxxx_yyyy.tar.gz file in the /share/pylon/doc/BCON directory. Open the index.html file in your browser to open the guide.
Continue with the hardware installation: