Software Installation (Linux)#
To install the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux:
Download the pylon installer from the Basler website:
- If you need support for x86 architectures, download the pylon Linux x86 installer.
- If you need support for ARM architectures and your ARM processor has a floating point unit, download the hardfloat pylon Linux ARM installer or archive.
- If you need support for ARM architectures and your ARM processor doesn't have a floating point unit, or if you are unsure, download the softfloat pylon Linux ARM installer or archive.
Launch the installer or use an unzip tool of your choice to unpack the archive to your home directory.
Change to the archive's main directory and open the "INSTALL" text file.
Follow the instructions to install the pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux.
- If you want to operate dart BCON for LVDS cameras only, you don't need to install USB support.
- For more information about operating dart BCON for LVDS cameras, e.g., how to assign an I²C interface in pylon, see the Programmer's Guide and API Reference for Basler pylon BCON included in the pylon Camera Software Suite for Linux. The guide can be found in the pylonSDK-5.x.x.xxxx-yyyy.tar.gz file in the /pylon5/share/doc/BCON directory. Open the index.htm file in your browser to start.
Continue with the hardware installation: