Software Installation (Windows)#
The Basler pylon Camera Software Suite for Windows requires that one of the following operating systems is installed on your computer:
- Windows 7 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32 bit or 64 bit)
To install the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite for Windows:
- Download the pylon installer from the Basler website.
- Launch the downloaded installer.
- Follow the instructions in the setup wizard. The wizard will guide you through the installation process.
During installation, you can choose the interfaces of your cameras (USB, GigE, FireWire, or Camera Link) so that only the software you need is installed.
- The pylon Camera Software Suite can be installed side-by-side with the pylon runtime redistributable packages. If this is the case, installing or uninstalling the pylon Camera Software Suite will not affect the installation of the pylon runtime redistributable components, and vice versa. For more information about the pylon runtime redistributable package, see the pylon Deployment Guide.
- If you choose to install the software for the GigE interface, Basler network drivers are bound to all network adapters installed in your computer. This applies not only to all network adapters used to connect to cameras, but also to all other network adapters installed in your computer.
Continue with the hardware installation: