|Resolution (H x V Pixels)||9344 x 7000 (8-bit pixel format) |
You can change the resolution by changing the image ROI.
|Sensor Type||Gpixel GMAX3265 |
Progressive scan CMOS
|Effective Sensor Diagonal||37.4 mm|
|Pixel Size (H x V)||3.2 µm x 3.2 µm|
|Frame Rate @ 4x CXP-12 (Default Settings)||71 fps (with pixel format set to Mono 8)|
|Frame Rate @ CoaXPress Speeds||71 fps @ 4x CXP-12 |
36 fps @ 2x CXP-12
18 fps @ 1x CXP-12
36 fps @ 4x CXP-6
18 fps @ 2x CXP-6
Frame rates measured with pixel format set to Mono 8.
|Product Family||boost V|
|Mono / Color||Mono|
|Image Data Interface||CoaXPress, 4x CXP-12, 2x CXP-12, 1x CXP-12, 4x CXP-6, 2x CXP-6|
|Pixel Formats||See Pixel Format.|
|Synchronization||Via hardware trigger |
Via software trigger
Via free run
|Exposure Time Control||Via hardware trigger |
Programmable via the camera API
|Camera Power Requirements||Power over CoaXPress (PoCXP): 24 VDC supplied via the camera's Micro-BNC (HD‑BNC) connector |
22.8–25.2 VDC supplied via power connector
4x CXP-12 ≈14 W (typical) @ 24 VDC
|I/O Lines||1 galvanic-isolated input line |
1 galvanic-isolated output line
|Size (L x W x H)||65 mm x 65 mm x 71 mm|
|Weight||400 g (without lens mount and heat sink)|
|Conformity||CE (includes RoHS), FCC, KC, GenICam, CoaXPress 2.0, IP30 |
Certificates for your camera model
For more information, see the Compliance section of the Basler website.
|Software||Basler pylon Windows (version 7.3) |
Basler pylon Linux x86 (64 bit) (version 7.3, available spring 2023)
|Accessories||Accessories for your camera model|
|Availability and Pricing||See the product page on the Basler website.|
The spectral response curve excludes lens characteristics.
Camera Dimensions and Mounting Points#
→ Download the CAD/technical drawing for your Basler Camera.
Maximum Allowed Lens Intrusion#
→ See Maximum Allowed Lens Intrusion.
Stress Test Results#
→ See Stress Test Results.
Temperature and Humidity#
|Description||Temperature and Humidity|
|Housing temperature during operation||0–50 °C (32–122 °F)|
|Humidity during operation||20–80 %, relative, non-condensing|
|Storage temperature||-20–80 °C (-4–176 °F)|
|Storage humidity||20–80 %, relative, non-condensing|
→ See Providing Heat Dissipation (boost).
WARNING – Electric Shock and Fire Hazard / Risque de choc électrique et d'incendie
Unapproved power supplies may cause electric shock or fire or both. Serious injury or death may occur.
- You must use power supplies that meet the Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) and Limited Power Source (LPS) or the Electrical Source 1 (ES1) and Power Source 2 (PS2) requirements.
- If you use a powered hub or powered switch, they must meet the above requirements.
Les blocs d'alimentation non approuvés peuvent causer des décharges électriques ou des départs de feu, ou les deux. Celles-ci représentent un risque de mort ou de blessure grave.
- Vous devez utiliser un bloc d'alimentation conforme aux exigences Safety Extra Low Voltage (SELV) et Limited Power Source (LPS) ou Electrical Source 1 (ES1) et Power Source 2 (PS2).
- Si vous utilisez un hub alimenté ou un switch alimenté, ils doivent être conformes aux exigences ci-dessus.
NOTICE – Incorrect voltage can damage the camera.
You must supply camera and I/O power within the safe operating voltage ranges specified below.
Do not use negative voltage for an I/O line.
You can supply camera power via Power over CoaXPress (PoCXP) or via the camera's power connector using an external power supply. If you supply power via both the CoaXPress interface and the power connector, the power supply with the higher voltage takes precedence.
- Power supply via Power over CoaXPress (PoCXP): 24 VDC
- Power supply via power connector: The operating voltage is 24 VDC. As a minimum, 22.8 VDC must be supplied. To avoid damaging the camera, a maximum of 25.2 VDC must not be exceeded.
Galvanic-Isolated Input Line#
|30 VDC||Absolute maximum. This voltage must never be exceeded. Doing so may damage the camera and voids the warranty.|
|0–5 VDC||Safe operating range.|
|0–0.8 VDC||Indicates a logical 0.|
|>0.8–2.0 VDC||Region where the logic level transition occurs; the logical state is not defined in this region.|
|>2.0 VDC||Indicates a logical 1.|
- Input current (high-level): <100 μA
- Input current (low-level): <5 mA sink current from the galvanic-isolated input line without exceeding 0.8 VDC.
- Minimum pulse width: >200 ns
Galvanic-Isolated Output Line#
- Internal series resistor: ≈50 Ω
- Output voltage with 50 Ω termination: ≈0–2 V
- Output voltage with high impedance load: ≈0–4 V
For more information about the input and output lines, see the I/O Control section.
→ See Circuit Diagrams.
CoaXPress Data Cable#
Use high-quality CoaXPress data cables with a Micro-BNC (HD-BNC) plug at both the camera and the host side.
The data cables must comply with the CoaXPress Standard version 2.0. The following table shows CoaXPress data cable specifications.
|CoaXPress Data Cable Specifications|
|Impedance||75 Ω ± 4 Ω|
|Maximum Return Loss||-15 dB|
|Maximum Attenuation||-17.9 dB|
|Frequency Range||1–6.25 GHz|
|Connector||Micro-BNC (HD-BNC), 75 Ω type|
|Total DC Roundtrip Resistance||<4.98 Ω|
|Cable Current Capacity||1 A (normal operation)|
Basler recommends using CoaXPress data cables from the Basler cable portfolio. There are CoaXPress data cables of various lengths available.
If you want to use longer CoaXPress cables or cables with a higher attenuation, it may be necessary to reduce the CoaXPress speed.
The following table shows the relation between cable length, maximum attenuation, and CoaXPress speed. The table is taken from the CoaXPress Standard version 2.0. A typical Belden 1694A cable is used in this example.
As the following values are only reference values, check the cables that you want to use: CoaXPress-certified cables are always marked with the maximum speed they support.
|CoaXPress Speed||Maximum Attenuation @ Frequency||Cable Length (Belden 1694A)|
|CXP-3 (3.125 Gbps)||-26.8 dB @ 1.5625 GHz||100 m|
|CXP-5 (5 Gbps)||-20.9 dB @ 2.5 GHz||60 m|
|CXP-6 (6.25 Gbps)||-15.8 dB @ 3.125 GHz||40 m|
|CXP-10 (10 Gbps)||-20.8 dB @ 5 GHz||40 m|
|CXP-12 (12.5 Gbps)||-17.9 dB @ 6.25 GHz||30 m|
- The I/O cable must be shielded.
- The I/O cable must have a cross-section of at least 0.14 mm² (close to AWG26).
- Use a twisted pair wire cable.
- Maximum recommended cable length: 10 m
- Camera-side connector: Hirose micro plug (part number HR10A-7P-6P) or equivalent
- Close proximity to strong magnetic fields should be avoided.
- Basler recommends using I/O cables from the Basler cable portfolio.
USB 2.0 Cable#
- USB 2.0 programming cable for firmware updates, Type A, Hirose HR10A-7P-6P
- The cable is available from the Basler cable portfolio.
Power Supply Cable#
- Power supply cable, Hirose HR10A-7P-4P, included with power supply. The cable is available from the Basler cable portfolio.
Camera Connectors and Status LEDs#
Micro-BNC (HD-BNC) Connectors#
Four Micro-BNC (HD-BNC) connectors (4 x 75 Ω) according to the CoaXPress Standard version 2.0:
- A master connector for transmitting image data, control signals, and configuration commands and for supplying camera power (Power over CoaXPress; PoCXP)
- Three extension connectors for transmitting image data
External Power Supply Connector#
- If power is not supplied via Power over CoaXPress (PoCXP): Power supply
- Hirose micro receptacle (part number HR10A-7R-4S)
- Recommended mating connector: Hirose micro plug (part number HR10A-7P-4P)
Auxiliary (I/O) Connector#
- Provides access to the camera's I/O lines and allows to perform firmware updates
- Hirose micro receptacle (part number HR10A-7R-6S)
- Recommended mating connector: Hirose micro plug (part number HR10A-7P-6P)
- Coaxial SMB connector to power external fan or other cooling devices
- SMB male connector, type Rosenberger 59S601-200L5, according to IEC 60169-10
- Recommended mating connector: SMB female connector, e.g., Rosenberger 59K204-301L5, according to IEC 60169-10
The status LEDs indicate the status of their associated CoaXPress connection according to the CoaXPress Standard version 2.0.
|Solid orange||System booting|
|Red flashing at a frequency of 12.5 Hz||System error (e.g., internal error)|
|Red flashing at a frequency of 1 Hz||Powered, but no CXP cable connected|
|Alternating green/orange flashing at a frequency of 0.5 Hz||Connection test packets being sent|
|Orange flashing at a frequency of 1 Hz||Device/Host connected, waiting for event (e.g., trigger)|
|Green flashing at a frequency of 12.5 Hz||Device/Host connected, data being transferred|
|Alternating green/orange flashing at a frequency of 12.5 Hz (shown for a minimum of 1 s even if the connection detection is faster)||Connection detection in progress, PoCXP active|
|Alternating red/green flashing at a frequency of 0.5 Hz||Device/Host incompatible, PoCXP active|
|Red pulse for a period of 500 ms||Error during data transfer (e.g., CRC error, detection of single-bit error)|
|Solid red||Firmware update|
Connector Pin Numbering and Assignments#
Auxiliary (I/O) Connector#
|1||Line 1||Galvanic-isolated input line|
|3||Line 2||Galvanic-isolated output line|
|4, 5, 6||-||0 V, max. voltage difference between 0 V and Ground (housing): -50–50 V|
External Power Supply Connector#
|1, 2||VCC, 24 Volt ±5 %|
|3, 4||Power Ground|
→ See Safety Instructions (boost).
→ See Camera Installation.
→ See Features.